"I've read the Constitution many times. No matter how I read it-forward, backward, upside down or with my Captain Liberty Secret Decoder Ring-I can't find anything in it that empowers the federal government to be involved in education. And since the federal government got involved in education, our children have slipped from first to 29th place in terms of literacy, numeracy and other measurements of educational excellence. The No Child Left Behind Act is just another extension of the policies that have destroyed American education. As president, I propose to get the federal government out of education, and I hope that the states will substantially privatize it as well. That's the only way to get back to our position of preeminence in learning." -Michael Badnarik

Link:
Understand People Better

No comments: