Tom Cruise credits Scientology with helping him overcome dyslexia:



Tom Cruise says Scientology helped with learning disability

When I was about 7, I had been labeled dyslexic...

...I'd try to concentrate on what I was reading, then I'd get to the end of the page and have very little memory of anything I'd read. I would go blank, feel anxious, nervous, bored, frustrated, dumb.


After "Top Gun" came out in 1986, Cruise became a Scientologist and discovered the ``Study Technology'' the religion's founder, L. Ron Hubbard, developed in the 1960s.

I realized I could absolutely learn anything that I wanted to learn, Cruise said.

Now the 41-year-old actor is a founding board member of the Hollywood Education and Literacy Project, a nonprofit group that uses Hubbard's teaching techniques in a secular setting.

I don't want people to go through what I went through...

...I want kids to have the ability to read, to write, to understand what people are saying to them, to be able to solve life's problems.


More on Tom Cruise and his success with Scientology Study Technology:

Tom Cruise, Scientology Religion

Literacy Project in Boston

Tom Cruise, Overcoming Dyslexia

No comments: